Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Chase: 2009 Edition

Yes... I'm aware I haven't been writing for the past few weeks. Forgive me. Even I get so busy I just forget or never have the time to get around to it... with that said, let's get started!

So a lot of fans aren't really in favor of the "Chase" format and some are. I'm on the fence about it myself. It seems as if we have more consistent champions instead of a variety. That's what us fans like, variety. I'm pretty sure I'm NOT the only guy around who's tired of the Jimmie Johnson Show. No I'm not complaining. It's just true. I won't disagree the man has an AMAZING amount of talent, but at the same time... I don't think any of us care anymore at this point. Sunday when Johnson crashed on Lap 3 of the Dickies 500 the fans went wild. It was the best moment of 2009. It takes the fun and excitement out of NASCAR knowing who the Champion will be. Most NASCAR fans want it to be a nail-biter to the very last lap. Heck even the last second. I'm one of those people. Before Texas Jimmie had this thing in the bag, and even WITH the decreased points lead I still kind of think Jimmie can pull it off. I really can't think of a way to fix this problem either... maybe changing the points system back to the old way would help... some have even said adopt the F1 points system. But NASCAR has to do something because ratings and viewers are dropping like acorns in the fall (lame... I know).

Okay, now to the point of this blog... KASEY KAHNE!

Kahne made the Chase. Great. I'm one of his biggest fans I couldn't be happier... but dang it what good is it if the engines and other parts are going to fail? May as well not be in the Chase at all. I'm very happy he's making the move to Ford next year. More horsepower and more reliability. Two things you DON'T have with a Dodge. I have never and don't plan to get behind the wheel of a Dodge. They are the worst car on the road. I've had Fords all my life and it shall remain that way. Despite the issues with the engines Kasey has done darn well to recover and still remain in the Top 10 to hopefully make it to the NASCAR Awards Ceremony in Las Vegas. After New Hampshire I knew his Chase hopes were only a dream... but I just wanted him to make it to the Banquet in the first place. I knew a Championship would be a hard match because he'd be fighting the all-mighty Hendrick stable. When somebody can beat Rick Hendrick's equipment, call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment